KTET 2023 Notification Out: The KTET exam is known as the Kerala TET exam and it is conducted in Kerala state. Kerala Government Education Board (KGEB) has released the KTET Notification 2023 at the official website of KGEB along with complete details. The candidates who are interested for the KTET 2023 October Exam has been released online on 2nd November 2023. In this article, You’ll get all the useful and essential information related to the KTET Notification 2023.
KTET Notification 2023
The official KTET notification pdf for Kerala TET 2023 October exam has been released by Kerala Government Education Board (KGEB) on 2nd November 2023. The KTET Notification 2023 included all the information related to the application guidelines, application fees, eligibility criteria, age limit, exam pattern, exam schedule, syllabus etc. All candidates can download the KTET 2023 notification pdf from the link given below.
KTET 2023 Notification- Overview
The KTET is a teaching eligibility test conducted in Kerala state. Candidates need to know all the details about the Kerala TET October 2023 exam. The candidates go through the official KTET Notification 2023 diligently to comprehend it properly.
|KTET- October 2023- Overview|
|Name of the Exam||Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Kerala Government Education Board (KGEB)|
|Level of Exam||State Level (Kerala)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|KTET Apply Online||6th to 17th November 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|KTET official website||https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/|
KTET October 2023 Exam Date
As per the schedule released by KGEB, Kerala TET 2023 for Category 1 and 2 will be held on 29th December 2023 whereas, for Category 3 and 4, the KTET Exam is to be held on 30th December 2023. Check the complete KTET Exam Schedule below.
|KTET Exam Date 2023|
|Category||Date of Examination||Duration||Time|
|KTET I||29th December 2023||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|KTET II||29th December 2023||2.00 pm -4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|KTET III||30th December 2023||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|KTET IV||30th December 2023||2.00 pm -4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
KTET 2023 Exam- Important Dates
All important dates for the KTET- October 2023 exam have been released along with its official Kerala TET notification 2023 on 02nd November 2023. The Kerala TET October online registration process will be started on 06th November 2023. All important dates for the Kerala TET 2023 exam including the application process, exam date etc. are mentioned below.
|KTET October 2023 Important Dates|
|KTET 2023 Notification pdf||02nd November 2023|
|KTET Application Form Start Date||06th November 2023|
|KTET 2023 Application Form End Date||17th November 2023|
|Last Date for pay application fees||18th November 2023|
|KTET Admit Card 2023||20 December 2023|
|KTET Exam Date 2023||29th and 30th December 2023|
KTET 2023 Online Form
The online application process for the Kerala TET October Examination is going to start on 06th November 2023 and the application window will remain active till 17th November 2023. Candidates can submit thier KTET October 2023 application form through the online mode from the official website https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/. The direct link to apply online for the Kerala TET 2023 exam will be added here once it has been activated by the KGEB.
Steps to Apply Online for KTET 2023 exam?
The candidates must go through the following instructions to be able to fill out and submit the KTET 2023 application form based on the information provided in the KTET Notification 2023. Let’s have a look at the steps to apply online for Kerala TET 2023 exam.
- Click on the official site of the Kerala Government Education Board (KGEB) @ ktet.kerala.gov.in.
- On the home page click on the KTET Registration Link.
- Click on the New Registration button that appears on the screen.
- Read all the particulars and instructions given.
- Later you have to agree with the terms given there.
- Now, you can click the New Registration link.
- Fill in all the details and then upload the scanned documents in the prescribed format. Cross-check all your details and then submit the page.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH) must possess the certificate to support their claim at the time of the interview.
- After the successful submission, you can download your KTET Application Form 2023 Online.
- Take a printed copy of it for future reference.
KTET 2023 Application Fees
The online application fees for KTET 2023 have been released with its notification. Check out the KTET 2023 application Fees in detail in the following table. The General/ Unreserved category has to pay RS. 500/- as KTET Application Fees for other categories the application fee is Rs. 250.
|Category||Kerala TET 2023 Application Fees|
KTET Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must read out the KTET Eligibility Criteria to ensure they are eligible for the KTET Exam 2023. In case the candidates fail to meet the eligibility criteria they will face rejection. So go through the following mentioned KTET eligibility criteria carefully.
For Category 1 (Lower Primary Classes)
Candidates who are appearing for Kerala TET 2023 must be qualified following points:-
- Must pass Higher Secondary/ Higher Secondary or equivalent at least with 45% and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations 2002 or Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). or Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education
For Category 2 (Upper Primary Classes)
- B.A/ B.Sc./ B.Com. and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/ Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Exam, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent. or BA/ B.Sc. / B.Com with at least 45% marks and one-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition, Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard or Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). or Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years BA/ B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed
For Category 3 (High School Classes)
The test is for HSAs in: (i) Malayalam (ii) English (iii) Hindi (iv) Sanskrit (v) Tamil (vi) Kannada (vii) Arabic (viii) Urdu (ix) Social Science (x) Physical Science (xi) Natural Science and (xii) Mathematics
- BA/ BSc/ B.Com with marks of at least 45% and a B.Ed. A degree in the subject concerned (from any of the universities in Kerala or from any other university recognised as equivalent)
- For those who have MSc. Ed. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, A degree with not less than 50 per cent of the marks of one of the Regional Institutes of Education funded by NCERT will be eligible to apply for the subject matter concerned. For the subjects of Botany and Zoology, those with MSc. Ed., Ed. It is possible to apply for a Degree in Life Science with not less than 50 per cent marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education.
- Candidates from SC/ST and differently-abled categories will be provided with a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum qualifying marks. Candidates from OBC & OEC categories will be given a relaxation of 3% in the qualifying marks to appear for the K-TET III.
For Category 4
For Language teachers in Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers and Physical Education teachers (up to High School level)
- Those who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers & Physical Education teachers as mentioned in Chapter XXXI of Kerala Education Act and Rules are eligible to apply for K-TET IV.
- Candidates from SC/ST and differently-abled categories will be provided a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying marks prescribed for the eligibility to appear for the K-TET IV.
KTET 2023 Exam Qualifying Marks
The candidates applying for the KTET exam 2023 must go through the following section to know about the KTET Qualifying Marks, the KTET Notification 2023 includes all the important information related to the KTET Exam 2023. Read it carefully.
- A person who scores 60% or more in the Kerala-TET examination will be considered ‘KTET passed’ or KTET qualified. These will be the qualifying marks for all categories
- For General:60 % passing marks- 90
- For OBC/SC/ST: 55% passing marks- 82
- For PH:50% passing marks- 75
- Negative Marks: There shall be no negative marks for the Kerala-TET 2023